Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Satan-ed Eggs (aka Deviled Eggs)

Since I made this recipe up... I can't call it Deviled Eggs what with there being a million recipes for "Deviled Eggs" out there in cooking land. My recipe was inspired by... My Mom and Aunt Donna. It's how they told me to make them, and then I added in my own pizzazz.

6 large eggs
1/2 cup Mayo
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire
1 tablespoon Nutmeg
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Paprika

1. In a saucepan, cover the eggs with cool water. Cook eggs on med-high for 15 minutes. Drain eggs and rinse in cool water. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
2. Peel the shell from the eggs. Carefully cut the eggs in half and remove the yolk. Place the yolk in a mixing bowl. Smash with a fork/spoon until smooth. 
3. Add the mayo, mustard, Worcestershire, nutmeg, hot sauce, salt, pepper, garlic salt, and parsley. Mix until creamy smooth. 
4. Use a teaspoon to spoon the mixture into the eggs. Sprinkle the tops with paprika. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment