Thursday, January 28, 2010

Heart Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies



In honor of the birthday of the children I nanny for's dad, today we baked some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. The family didn't have any real butter in their house, so I searched online for a recipe that would contain Smart Balance butter instead. Surprisingly I found one (on the Smart Balance website) that was not only easy, but also VERY tasty! Of course I altered the web recipe a little to using another recipe I found online... and my own suggestions.

Ingredients

1 cup Smart Balance® Butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup light brown granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cups quick cooking oats

Heat oven to 350 F degrees.

In a large bowl or mixer cream Smart Balance® Butter Blend Stick and sugars together until light and fluffy. Stir in egg one by one. Then add the vanilla and stir.

In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt together. Slowly add into butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and oats; the batter will be pretty wet.


Using a large spoon, drop batter on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes until sides are firm and cookies color to a rich golden. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm... my kids don't like chocolate chips (I know, crazy right?) so I would put raisins in! But so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummo! Those look fab! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete