Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Meal Fit for Your First Guests

Last night my sister and her boyfriend became the first visitors at the Bear's new apartment! In honor of their visit and loooong drive I put together a meal that was not too heavy - not too time-consuming to make - and very delicious!

Artichoke Spinach Crab Dip
Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad
Chicken w/ Prosciutto and Provolone
Roasted Asparagus

I don't want to be rude towards my guests and spend all their time here on my computer, so over the next fews days I will post the recipes to the menu.
Artichoke Spinach Crab Dip w/ Garlic Toasts
1 bag box frozen spinach - thawed
2 cans fancy crab meat - drained
1 can artichoke hearts - broken down in a food processor
8oz reduced fat cream cheese - room temp.
2 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
3 tablespoons lite mayo
3 shakes of Old Bay Seasoning
2 teaspoons each Salt and Pepper
2 teaspoons Garlic Salt
2 cups shredded mixed cheeses - (cheddar, monteray, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a baking dish (you pick the shape and size) with non-stick spray.
2. Literally combine EVERYTHING, but the cheese, in a huge mixing bowl. Spoon it all into your baking dish.
3. Cover the mixture with the cheese. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Serve with sliced toasted French bread with garlic butter spread
(or butter, garlic salt, pepper).
**I bought the pre-made garlic butter spread at the grocery store. Sliced the French Bread into tiny bite sized pieces, smeared some butter on the little guys, put them under the broiler for 3 minutes, and served alongside my dip!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be making this dip the minute I get back home to Dallas on Wednesday. Thanks for details on the recipe. Will be checking back for the other recipes to come.

    ReplyDelete