Monday, June 7, 2010

Third Yankee Challenge... and Southerners wanna help?!

If you don't already know - I am the resident Yankee cook over at The Hungry Southerner and once a month my southern pals challenge me to cook a very southern dish. I am a bit nervous about my newest Yankee Challenge... shrimp etouffee-something and fried dough thing-a-ma-jigs --- umm yah I have no idea what this is or how to make it! I know what a roux is, I am lucky to have access to fresh shrimp here in Maryland, and I just bought some powdered sugar... but yah... this is a scary challenge.


So my friends... anyone have any advice for making Shrimp Étouffée & Beignets??

1 comment:

  1. wowzas. I'm sorry, I don't have any advice, but the name itself kinda intimidates me. You will rock it. You are one AMAZING chef, lady! I love reading the results of the Southern Challenge!

    ReplyDelete