Monday, February 1, 2010

Bruschetta BreadBowl

The Bears spent this past weekend visiting my (Mrs. Bear's) family in CT. One of my favorite parts about going home is visiting this Italian store in the town nextdoor and then making a HUGE Italian dinner with my family. When we went to the store I picked up fresh ingredients for a bruschetta and a circle loaf of bread. The end result was a Bruschetta Bread Bowl that was devoured in record time by everyone at my Dad's Birthday Dinner.

Ingredients
3 tomatoes - diced into small squares
2 tablespoons fresh basil
1 lb fresh mozzarella - cut into small squares
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1/2 cup kalamata olives - pitted and diced
1 loaf circular bread - top removed and hollowed out
1 loaf crusty Italian bread

Directions
Combine everyone but the bread in a large dish. Mix thoroughly. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed out bread bowl.
Serve alongside some more kalamata olives and sliced crusty Italian bread.
Here is my version... in travel mode so it didn't spill on the way to my brother's house.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I looooooove me some bruschetta! MMMMMMMmmmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some bruschetta this weekend and it was gone in no time. I am keeping this recipe as one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete