Friday, February 26, 2010

Eggless Apple Choco-Raisin Oatmeal Cookies

Little T (the boy I nanny) and I decided to bake some cookies on this Fun Friday. We didn't have any eggs so I did some research on egg-less cookies. I found this recipe on http://www.eggless.com/. We added chocolate chips and a little less raisins than the recipe called for - so I renamed it:

Eggless Apple Choco-Raisin Oatmeal Cookies

(Sorry the pic is so blurry - my iphone is being a brat)

1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, canned or fresh
1 cup sifted plain/all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup seedless raisins
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 375°F

Stir the sugars into the applesauce. Sift together the flour, baking power, salt and spices. Stir in to the applesauce misture. Add the oats, choco chips, and raisins. Mix well.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 11 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Makes about 15 cookies.

NOTE: They definitley have a weird texture - probably because of the lack of butter and eggs (a.k.a. fat), but I would recommend these cookies for anyone with lactose problems - or as a healthy treat for the kiddies!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the eggless recipe! My daughter is allergic to eggs and this is great. I'm going to check out that website now! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look SOOO good!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete