Note: I included this recipe with 2 others in one blog post so I'd thought I would post it alone so it would be easier to follow.
*Pre-made Pizza Dough (I always use Trader Joe's white pizza dough)
*8-9 mozzarella sticks (string cheese)
*1/2 cup pizza sauce (we like Sweet onion & garlic Ragu)
*1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
*1 green pepper - sliced into small slivers
*3 Spicy Italian Sausages
*1/2 cup black olives
*1/2 cup broccoli - rinsed and chopped into small pieces
*Extra Virgin Olive Oil
*Pizza Stone - or cookie sheet
1. Take the pizza dough out of its packaging, form it into a big ball, put it on a floured surface, and walk away. The dough needs to rest for atleast an hour.
2. Preheat your oven for 500 degrees F. The best pizza is cooked in a HOT oven.
3. In a medium skillet over med-low heat, coat the bottom with olive oil. Remove the casings from the sausage and add to the skillet. Crumble it as it cooks for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink.
4. When the dough has risen, sprinkle some flour over the top of the dough ball and onto the counter top. Make sure that you use a well-floured surface that is large enough to roll out your dough to the size of your pizza stone or cookie sheet. Use a well floured rolling pin to flatten your dough to a shape that is a little larger than the pizza stone you are using.
5. Carefully transfer your dough onto its baking stone - make sure that there is about an inch of dough draping over the side of the stone. Place mozzarella sticks along the edge of the stone, all the way around, and fold dough over the stick. Pinch dough to make sure the cheese is sealed in. Bake for 5 minutes.
6. Assemble the pizza - spread the sauce around, sprinkle the sausage, peppers, olives, and broccoli on top of the sauce, cover with cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes. ENJOY!!