Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sweet Lime Chicken

I came up with this recipe about three years ago when I saw something similiar in my Cooking Light magazine. I've only made it, and it was for an old friend - we ate it on top of a salad (romaine lettuce, corn, tomatoes). Even though this dish is very sweet, I think the chicken would taste good over rice, or inside of a tortilla with a little bit of lettuce and mexican cheese. I also wonder how it would taste if one added a bit of chipolte seasoning or hot sauce...

3/4 cup chicken broth
1 TBSP brown sugar
2 TBSP lime juice
2 TSP dijon mustard
1 TSP honey mustard
2 TBSP water
1 TSP cornstarch
2 1/2 TBSP butter
1 TBSP lime juice
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 TSP cajun or southwestern seasoning

1. Combine first four ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch. Add slowly to saucepan. Turn heat to medium and whisk until mixture is thick.
3. Whisk in butter and lime juice. Cook for 3 minutes. Add shredded chicken and seasoning.
4. Cook for 5 minutes. Serve over rice or as the innards of a burrito.

I'd love to hear your comments if anyone decides to make this - or what kinds of variations you may have for my recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment