Friday, March 19, 2010

Asparagus Mushroom Goat Cheese Scramble

When I looked into my fridge this morning to find something for lunch, I grabbed asparagus, mushrooms, and crumbled goat cheese, threw them in my lunch tote, and brought them along to work. I added some egg whites, parsley, and Tobasco for a lite and healthy scramble!

2 egg whites
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
Salt & Pepper
1/4 cup fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup sliced white mushrooms
Non-stick butter spray
1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon crumbled goat cheese
2 dashes Tobasco (optional)

1. Combine the egg whites, water, and parsley in a small bowl. Scramble with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a small skillet coated with non-stick butter spray, cook the mushrooms and asparagus for 8 minutes. Season with garlic salt and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Cook 2 minutes.
3. Pour egg mixture over the vegetables and stir gently with a spatula. When the egg whites are cook, sprinkle goat cheese over the top. Cook until melted (1 minute). Slide onto a plate and add Tobasco.
4. Enjoy alone or with a slice of toasted Rye or Wheat bread.

2 comments:

  1. omg i may have to take you off my blog roll...this looks INCREDIBLE and i feel indulgent just staring at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I literally can not wait to make it. I am definitely making this for sunday brunch! Me and Em were talking about how we miss the silly lazy summer days and want all the girls to come home for a reunion!!

    ReplyDelete