Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Two Olive Hummus

After I discovered how to make Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, I have decided to go on a quest to create my own hummus recipes. Last night I was feeling creative, so I looked through the pantry and refridgerator for some inspiration. Mr. Bear LOVES black olives and I had just opened a can for our dinner salads. So I threw a bunch of black olives in the mini food processor, and grabbed the minced garlic, a can of garbanzo beans, and a jar of Kalamata olives. The end result: Two Olive Hummus.
Or maybe I should call it Black and Purple Hummus... I haven't decided yet.

Ingredients
1 can garbanzo (chick peas) drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon minced garlic
8 medium pitted black olives
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
8 pitted Kalamata olives
1 tablespoons Kalamata olive brine (right outta the jar)
2 teaspoons garlic salt
2 teaspoons black pepper

Directions
For mini food processors: Combine the chick peas and garlic in the food processor - pulse/puree on high. Add the black olives - pulse/puree. Add the olive oil, Kalamata olives, brine, garlic salt, and black pepper. Pulse/puree until the ingredients are all mixed together and the hummus is not chunky. If it seems dry, add another tablespoon of the Kalamata brine. Refridgerate for 30 minutes before eating.

For a large food processor: Combine all of the ingredients and process until smooth.
Refridgerate for 30 minutes before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment